Sunday, September 28, 2008

This is so freakin’ miserable...

They haven't been able to control my pain... I'm so miserable. Yesterday they got it controlled but my nurse got in trouble because he had overdosed me on Tylenol. Rats. So now they have me on Percalone, which I had never heard of; it's a Percaset minus the Tylenol. But that hasn't been working so they are giving me shots of morphine every two hours. And on top of that I'm nauseated and keep coughing. Every time I cough it hurts like hell.

I still haven't seen my surgeon, Dr Goff. Everyone here says my chest tube is ready to come out—except my surgeon's partner, who is on call for Dr. Goff, who obviously doesn't want to get his hands dirty over the weekend and said "no," that we had to wait until Dr. Goff came back on Monday. He came in, read the number on the unit that the fluid collects in and he read it wrong; the nurse even pointed this out to him and he brushed her off and said "oh this takes 3 or 4 days." I wanted to punch him.

So maybe tomorrow... I hope so; I can't stand much more of this. Sorry to be so negative; but pain sends a positive attitude out the window fast.

0 comments: