Friday, September 26, 2008

Sorry I stepped on that hose going to your lungs Mom...

Here I am. I made it through the surgery and I'm now recovering. It's been quite a journey. I have not yet met with my surgeon; but he told Lee and Linda that things went well. He found some "patches" that he is going to biopsy; although all the tests they have done so far on it are "inconclusive." He has ordered some more testing but the results won't be back for a week or so.

There is pain; but it's tolerable. The really cool thing is that the hospital now has "room service." No kidding. You get a full scale restaurant menu to pick from. It's so nice... until you get the food and you realize… ohhhh yeah; it's still hospital food... lol. But it's okay.

My respiratory therapy is going well. I'm already up to what my function was before the surgery. And I seem to be draining well... I'm hoping to go home Monday or Tuesday.

My son visited this afternoon and checked everything out. He is very curious about everything; all the equipment and what my blood pressure is... so cute. It's hard for me to be away from him. I can't begin to explain how much I miss him.

I have actually spent the day reading and watching TV. Something I haven't done in years. I even watched the debate tonight. It's boring. I miss watching Noggin... lol.

0 comments: