Monday, September 29, 2008

Never have surgery on a Friday

I have decided to never have surgery on a Friday again; and that I will always ask my surgeon if he has vacation scheduled or any days off in the days following my procedure. When Dr. Goff finally showed up yesterday morning, all my problems got solved with one wave of his magic wand... duh. I feel stupid.

Yes, in just a brief moment he was able to solve my pain problems. I'm now on 2 Lortab 10s every 4 -6 hours. That was the magic formula. Why someone kept me on morphine shots every 2 hours all weekend is unknown and nobody will own up to it now. lol... and I have to admit that my mind is working much better now too.

What was actually in my pleural space is still a mystery. We won't know until we get all the reports back. He said "it is not what I would expect to find in this situation." which I understand as an intellectual way to say "I dunno... I've never seen this before." I speak that way; so I understand it. Language manipulators... you gotta watch out for us. He mentioned that we have to "assume" that it is cancer and maybe it just looks different because it has already been treated... I can tell he is curious; he wants to know. I suspect that he usually doesn't get patients post-chemo, so I think that explanation is very possible.

He said maybe today or tomorrow before they would pull the tubes. He wants to get the most lung expansion possible; and I soooo agree. Even though I can't wait to get home and be with my son, it would be a drag to go through all this and not get the total benefit... it's been too miserable.

Although, in a way I'm glad I'm sitting here zoned out on painkillers while watching the economic bloodbath... it's very scary for me. Seasonal businesses and luxury items like Jungle Roses will be really affected. While some financial problems don't touch my regular customers that much; a falling stock market does. I need to get strong and get back to work. I've already been walking a fine line with all that has been going on... I remember what our business was like after 9/11's stock market crash... that along with my health issues... whew... it's going to be a real challenge.

0 comments: