Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Scar tissue? It’s just scar tissue???

All of the tests came back. Nothing Dr. Goff biopsied was cancerous. It is just scar tissue. Just scar tissue!!!! Ha! I knew it, probably left there from my many episodes of pneumonia earlier this year. I'm so happy.

Dr. Goff read the report for the first time in front of me and one of my nurses. We all had tears in our eyes. Of course I wanted to run and jump and yell... but I have this damn tube poking out of my chest; it really restricts jumps for joy.

Soon word spread throughout the floor and a few hours later the nursing staff brought me a huge pink cake so I could have a celebration with my son when he gets here later on... that made me cry. They are all planning to come in when he gets here because they want to see his reaction to the cake; they even got his favorite kind. We decided to tell him it is just a party for Mom because "she is so special," since he doesn't know I am fighting cancer... I think that is fine.

I called Linda and asked her to bring up my camera so I can take pictures and post them later.

0 comments: