Saturday, May 16, 2009

You don't need to poke me with a fork....I know I'm done :-)

Yesterday afternoon I had my last whole brain radiation treatment. It seems like a very weird dream. You know those kind where you are half awake and half asleep? I cannot believe I did that. Of course then I see my hair dropping off and reality hits. They gave me my mask as a "souviener". Not sure what to do with it. I think I'll hide it for a few years and then one day make it into a piece of art for my office... or my house... either would be weirdly cool. It's a little too scary to just have laying around now and I get a tiny bit nauseated when I see it... lol. It may reside in the Garage for awhile.


Now I just wait and recover for the next 6 weeks. Then I will have another MRI to see how much disappeared and make plans for the gamma knife if necessary. It will be up to Dr. Johnson if I do chemo again. They can schedule gamma knife during chemo, so it might be both at the same time.

I'm actually feeling better than I have in the past few weeks. I still have the worlds worst sore throat, but the liquid lortab helps and I wasn't as tired yesterday. I'm hoping for a fast recovery. The hair is different; when my hair fell out from chemo, my scalp would be a little tender and then it would go. That would happen after each chemo infusion. This stuff hurts. Yes, what hair I have left hurts. lol. It hurst to wash, hurts to touch. Doc said that goes away when it all falls out. Great; now I'm hoping my hair falls out...my how cancer changes a girl.

Photobucket


Me and one of the techs about to start my last treatment.

Photobucket


I look so happy because this is after my last treatment. Cool mask eh?

0 comments: