Tuesday, April 28, 2009

what it's like to have more than 20 brain tumors....

...freaky.


I had been symptom free for the most part; except for that small part of the front of my tounge that had gone numb. Then suddenly over the weekend I started feeling stuff. Like for example;

Nausea. Oh my.... hate that. Both my docs were out of their offices so I had to pursue until I found the on call guy. He sounded sort of shocked and awed by my chart.. I'm getting used to that. He said of course he could get me something to help. When I got to the pharmacy the pharmacist said "what do you want.." "huh," I said "I don't know this is new for me..." The pharmacists said that the "doctor said to give you anyting you want.." Ohhhhhh, now my mind goes off into possibility. I glaze over as I am thinking of the street value of certain things and how many cancer bills could get paid... I'm interupted by the pharmacist who sees my visions too and seems to know what I am thinking.. and he says "he means do you want tablets or suppositories." Oh... ewe. I pick tablets. He points out that there is a concern with driving because it can cause severe drowsiness. Oh rats. So I head over to the drug store and load up on black licorice and cream soda. My own nausea cure.

My son is a huge Monopoly genius. Seriously he can play the over 10 year old version like an expert and we had just gotten the new electronic banking game. He was excited to play. I can't add up the numbers on the dice without extreme concentration. Good thing he can.

Ever have a car that you rammed into a big chuckhole? Knocks out your suspension and for awhile it pulls to one side or the other? That's how it feels to walk. I start out straight but my legs pull to the right, then I straighten up and my legs overcorrect and pull me to the left. I look like I am walking under the influence.

At times it feels like I have a hundred misquito bites on my head. It itches, sometimes feels more like a bite from a hungry ant met on a picnic. It makes it uncomfortable to lay my head down at night.

Better though; once the steriods started to kick in a lot of this went away. But the steriods keep me awake all night... and all day...

I had my first radiation treatment yesterday. It went easy. Today I am braving it without the benefit of Valium. I think I can handle the promised 5 minutes. Otherwise they promised to knock me out with a big rubber mallet. The techs are jokers. They have to be I guess....

I found a photo of the radiation mask on someone's blog. I'm snatching it. Thanks to whomever you are. This is what it is like. You also have your feet attached and hands to remind you not to move. It looks worse than it is.... really.

Photobucket

0 comments: